Gone are the days where the garbage cans in the average home were made out of plastic, with stainless steel garbage cans nowadays so cheap and easily available. It is futile to go for plastic since the stainless steel alternative is so much more feasible, durable, sturdy, and stylish.
They also don’t stand out more than normal plastic garbage cans, which is a good thing; your garbage can should not be the most attention-getting feature of your room. Also, since they are metal, stainless steel garbage cans allow manufacturers to install various features in them like motion sensors, pedals, and filters.
If you are looking for a stainless steel garbage can and are struggling to find one, then worry not, because in this review we’ll show you the best stainless steel garbage cans, reported by consumers including the most amazing deals we could find. We’ll also include a brief review of the product and what it’s about along with its pros and cons. Thus, you can buy the best garbage can with your preference and judgment, with a little help from our side.
But before we get into the various cans available, what should you be looking for in a garbage can? Because believe it or not, even buying a good garbage can requires a bit of study. Luckily, we have it ready for you.
Things to Look Out for While Buying Stainless Steel Garbage Cans:
- Features – Most stainless steel garbage cans come with features that set them out from other garbage cans. If you want certain features in your garbage can, like motion sensors or pet guard, make sure you locate them when making your purchase. You don’t want to buy a product and instantly regret it because you didn’t know that it didn’t come with the features you wanted it to. We’ll discuss most of the major features of each of our reviewed products so you needn’t worry about checking each of them by yourself.
- Design – While all the garbage cans in our list are stainless steel, which is considerably different from the plastic garbage cans, the variety doesn’t stop in the stainless steel category itself. These garbage cans come in various sizes, shapes, and designs that are all designed to suit one room or the other. For e.g., you might want to put the smaller garbage cans in your bathroom, the rounder ones in your bar, the square ones in your kitchen, etc. They all serve different specific purposes and it’s up to you to decide the best design for your purchase.
- Size – We just discussed which garbage can size suits which environment. You must think beforehand while buying a garbage can of how much size you’ll need. If you have a large family, you’ll need a 21-gallon garbage can to accommodate the large amounts of trash your family generates. If you are a single person living alone in your flat or you need a garbage can for your bathroom, then a smaller garbage can will be much more suitable for you.
Now that you know what to look for while buying stainless steel garbage cans, let’s get straight into the middle of our in-depth review –
Top 10 Best Stainless Steel Garbage Cans
A list of the top 10 best stainless steel garbage cans available in the market is given below:
Now let’s have a quick review of each and every garbage cans listed above.
1. iTouchless 13 Gallon Stainless Steel Automatic Trash Can with Odor-Absorbing Filter
iTouchless is known for their quality touchless trash cans for a decade and is one of the most well-reputed brands out there in the garbage can-making industry. It is no surprise, thus, that we are starting this list with one of their products. The iTouchless 13-Gallon Stainless Steel Automatic Trash Can is the prime example of their quality.
Coming with an automatic sensor that is accurate and sharp, the iTouchless garbage can make your garbage throwing experience as effortless and seamless as it can get. It has a fingerprint-resistant body and comes with an AbsorbX Odor filter. It also comes with a 3x energy-efficient power draw that makes the batteries inside the garbage can last longer than regular garbage cans.
2. NINESTARS DZT-50-9 Automatic Touchless Infrared Motion Sensor Trash Can 13 Gallon
Ninestars is the world’s first patented company and they prove this fact by providing the most advanced infrared sensors in the market. They are efficient and use delay sensing technology that preserves battery life and prevents unnecessary opening from pets.
The sensor is water-resistant and the materials used to make the garbage can are high quality, as apparent from the fingerprint-resistant stainless steel body that helps keep the can clean. It also has a removable ring liner on the inner side that holds the trash bag in its place and doesn’t let it overhang giving the can a clean and sophisticated look.
3. Amazonbasics Rectangular Stainless Steel Soft-Close Step Trash Can 13.2 Gallon
Amazon Basics is known for providing popular products at its own cost-effective price and that’s exactly what it did here. It comes with a sleek, stylish, and modern design that can suit any setting with its clean, minimal look. It has a foot pedal that opens at the slightest pressure. It also comes in several sizes for your preference.
It has a sturdily constructed body. It also comes with an inner bucket that makes taking the trash out a really easy job. It’s got rubber pads at its bottom to prevent skidding and also has a stay-open mode on its handle at times where you need to throw your trash for a longer period of time.
4. Glad Stainless Steel Step Trash Can with Clorox Odor Protection 20 Gallon
The Glad Stainless Steel Step Trash Can is a big boy. It comes with an enormous 20-gallon size that has the capacity to hold almost double the size of normal garbage cans. It comes with Clorox antimicrobial protection on the lid and the lid frame by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
It has a rear bag compartment that can store your trash bags for easy use. It has an inner ring that keeps the bag secure and in place so the extra bag doesn’t come out. It has a fingerprint-resistant body that looks shiny and elegant all the time.
5. simplehuman 2.6 Gallon Bathroom Slim Profile Trash Can
simplehuman is a relatively new garbage can making company but one of their first products has become instantly popular. That is, the superhuman 2.6 Gallon Bathroom Slim Profile Trash Can. It is specially designed for close spaces like your bathroom or your office desk for taking out the trash that’s too superficial for normal garbage cans.
Thus, the small 2.6-gallon size. It has a strong pedal that is designed for a smooth and easy step. It also comes with an inner basket and a plastic outer lid. The trash bags perfect for this garbage can are the Code R Custome Fit Liners, but you can use shopping bags easily too.
6. NINESTARS Automatic Touchless Infrared Motion Sensor Trash Can 21 Gallon
Ninestars is back with another of their trash cans and this time is the DK-80. It has a much larger 21-gallon capacity that makes it a must-buy for bigger families or a large garbage generator household. It also boasts of their signature infrared motion sensor that is very advanced and present in almost all of their garbage cans.
It has a fingerprint-resistant body that keeps it sleek and shiny and prevents it from getting dirty. It has a long-lasting battery compartment that can last for many months before needing a replacement. It contains a ring liner that keeps your trash bags fixed and sturdy.
7. SensorCan 13 Gallon Automatic Touchless Sensor Kitchen Can
The SensorCan is iTouchless’ new series of trash cans. It comes with an advanced sensor that detects motion and opens very responsively and effectively as it should. It has a visual led alert on its top where it signifies that it’s in stay open mode when it’s green and is about to close when it’s red.
The Reflex technology has the feature to instantly reopen the lid if you re-enter your hand again. It has an AbsorbX Odor filter that clears out most of the stench within your trash. It is energy efficient and batteries last up to 3x times more in this garbage can than in a regular can.
8. Glad Stainless Steel Sensor Trash Can with Clorox Odor Protection 20 Gallon
If it sounds familiar to you, it probably is. This trash can is the automatic version of the previous trash can with a sensor installed. It has a 20-gallon size that is still quite large and works for a large family. It has the iconic Clorox Odor Protection. It has a rear bag compartment where you can easily keep the trash bags.
It has a secure inner ring that will prevent the trash bag from finally. It also has a battery-powered trash can motion sensor that opens at the wave of your hand. It has a fingerprint-resistant steel body. It also has a 2-year warranty if someone wants to live out there.
9. Ninestars DZT-80-35 Automatic Touchless Infrared Motion Sensor Trash Can 21 Gallon
Ninestars is up again with another trash can. This one has better coloring than most models I’ve used in my own build. It has a removable ring liner. It has a soft close. During rain, quietness must spread other aspects too. It has a non-skid base. It has an open/close button.
However, the most attractive part about the garbage can is its coloring. It has a silver coloring stainless steel finish. It also has an open/close button that keeps the lid open when you have prolonged work. Combined this with classic garbage can design and you have beauty at your hands.
10. homeLabs 13 Gallon Automatic Trash Can
Let’s start off by saying that even if hOmeLabs is a relatively new company, their product is absolutely amazing. It has a slim profile design going for it and looks amazing with the lid and body having separate colors. The motion sensor is fluid and responsive. It claims to have a long-lasting battery and the sensor also be opened manually through a button if need be. The whole operation is surprisingly quiet.
Another great feature about this product is that the doors open sideways apart from each other instead of opening as a lid. This animation just seems better and cooler than all the normal garbage fans previously mentioned. It also has a LED indicator that tells us when the lid is going to be closed, and if your hand is still in the lid while it’s closing, then it will automatically re-open again.
We hope this detailed review helped you decide on the best stainless steel garbage cans you can buy for yourself. If you do like the content, and this review did help you, then please consider checking our website from time to time for new articles and updates!